hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remote Java client connection into EC2 instance
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:20:17 GMT
Something you might want to look into is the EC2 scripts on Hadoop core trunk (0.21-dev). These
have moved beyond bash scripts tied to the EC2 command line tools to a set of Python scripts
which use libcloud to abstract away the infrastructure mechanics. So it's about equal effort
to deploy a Hadoop cluster using those scripts on EC2, or Rackspace, or ...

Modifying those scripts to include HBase into the Hadoop images, start the master on the namenode,
the regionservers on the datanodes, and figuring out how to manage a separate ZK quorum ensemble
might not be too difficult. Or, running a single ZK instance on the master might be sufficient.

This is the direction I want to take our EC2 scripts. Hopefully I can find time to work on
this with Tom White soon.

   - Andy