hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: HBase in a virtual cluster
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:17:04 GMT
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to with currentTimeMillis() being unreliable on
virtual machines.

Regardless of your environment, you should be running NTP to synchronize clocks.

Otherwise, take a look in the mailing archives, there have been a number of lengthy discussions
on HBase on EC2 (or other services).  Also check out the presentations on the wiki.  Andrew
Purtell has a recent presentation on HBase+EC2.

JG