hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regionserver problems because of datanode timeouts
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:33:42 GMT
> However, once and every while our Nagios (our service monitor)
detects
> that requesting the Hbase master page takes a long
time. Sometimes > 10
> sec, rarely around 30 secs but most of
the time < 10 secs. In the cases
> the page loads slowly,
there is a fair amount of load on Hbase.

I've noticed this also. With 0.20.4-dev. I think others have mentioned it
on the list from time to time. However, I can never seem to jump on to a
console fast enough to grab a stack dump before the UI becomes responsive
again. :-( It is not consistent behavior. It concerns me that perhaps
whatever lock is holding up the UI is also holding up any client
attempting to (re)locate a region. If I manage to capture it I will file
a jira.

   - Andy