hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bradford Stephens <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling Interactive versus Batch Calculations
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 04:36:36 GMT
Hey Nenshad --

I think Jonathan Gray began working on something similar to this a few
months ago for Streamy.

As JD said, Coprocessors are very interesting, and I think they're
worth looking at (or contributing a patch fo!) if you basically need
to use HBase as a "Giant Spreadsheet". Such as:
(Row,Column)->Value->Result. Building the functionality is a
considerable task, so I don't think you'll see it in a release from
the main contributors soon. I could be wrong.

If you need to do a real-time query/calculation on a certain subset of
data, that's where our platform may help. Such as "Sum of all
transactions where UserName=Jimmy and ZipCode=98104".

I'd be happy to talk more about Coprocessors if you want more details :)

Cheers,
Bradford

--
http://www.drawntoscalehq.com --  The intuitive, cloud-scale data
solution. Process, store, query, search, and serve all your data.

http://www.roadtofailure.com -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science