hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Probably a silly question... but need an answer ASAP.
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:02:02 GMT
HBase jar is in the hadoop CLASSPATH?  Its in the
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/hbase-env.sh#HADOOP_CLASSPATH?
St.Ack

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a situation on one of my clouds.
>
> Hadoop is up and running Ok.
> HBase is up and running. (Maybe ok.)
>
> The problem is that when I go to launch a hadoop map/reduce job, I tend to get an exception.
>
> "$ hadoop jar RowCount.jar LCMS_STAGING
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Scan
>        at rowcount.JobControl.<init>(JobControl.java:50)
>        at rowcount.Main.main(Main.java:19)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Scan
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:303)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:316)
>        ... 7 more
> "
>
> This job runs on the other cloud. Since we use LDAP, while the clouds are different,
the login .kshrc is the same so my environment variables are the same.

> This means someone screwed up during the configuration of the cloud. And of course, its
one of those Homer Simpson things that we probably forgot to document so they missed something
in setting up the environment.

> One of the developers took the configuration and created a load .xml file that had everything
that was in our configuration and manually loaded it at the start of the app.