hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Tables Miss after Adding New Slave
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:59:27 GMT
2010/3/10  <sallonchina@hotmail.com>:
> Hi, everyone. I set up a hadoop cluster with 3 nodes: one mater and two slaves. Recently
I want to add a new node as a slave to it. After configuration, the HDFS and HBase work, however,
I found some tables in HBase previously disappear. I browse hbase directory in HDFS and found
directories of the missing tables. Does anyone encounter the same situations or is there someone
can help me to recover these tables? thanks!

Perhaps the node carrying the .META. region -- the catalog table that
has table info -- was killed before it had time to flush its edits so
added table edits were lost?

You could playing with the ./bin/add_table.rb script.  See the head of
the script for how to use it.  This should restore your tables by
reading the content of the filesystem adding back the missing edits to
.META..

In future, be careful how you close down your cluster.  You could try
flushing .META. first before running shutdown by doing the following
in the shell:

hbase> flush ".META."

St.Ack