hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Wade Arnold" <Wade.Arn...@t8webware.com>
Subject Re: When should I jump on HBase rather than RDBMS?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:09:06 GMT
I believe that their are lots of NoSql overview slide decks that give
great intro to the why. For me:

Performant writes
Dreaming of master master master......
Time series data schemas
Batch processing of data via hadoop
Replication can't keep up
Spending r&d time on hacking work arounds to mysql rather than product
development.
You already gave master drbd master and 3 or more slaves.

Thanks;
Wade Arnold