hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on Hadoop reliability wrt. EC2 (was: Re: [databasepro-48] HUG9)
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:58:23 GMT
Hey Vaibhav,

Do you think any of your #2 would be generally useful for others and
something we might fold into the public HBase EC2 scripts? I don't want
to be presumptive, but let me kindly plant the idea...

Best,

   - Andy

----- Original Message ----
From: Vaibhav Puranik <vpuranik@gmail.com>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Sun, March 14, 2010 10:12:16 AM
Subject: Re: on Hadoop reliability wrt. EC2 (was: Re: [databasepro-48] HUG9)

Andrew,

Your point about scripts is right, we have done the following two
things to address it:

1) Bundle our own images with HBase/Hadoop versions and configurations

2) We have written some scripts. Once the cluster is booted, all we have to
specify  what machines are slaves machines and what machine is the master.
We have bundled config file templates in the images. The script makes a new
config file from an template with the new internal dns names.