hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Hendrey" <ghend...@decarta.com>
Subject Master binds only to loopback
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:51:33 GMT
Any help would be greatly appreciated:

How can I get the HBase master to bind to an externally visible IP
address? It only seems to bind to 127.0.0.1.

I have reviewed this thread:
http://old.nabble.com/Set-hbase-configuration-when-client-is-on-differen
t-machine-td23535721.html#a23595819

And I have followed the instructions,by modifying /etc/hosts so that
localhost.localdomain corresponds to the externally-visible IP for the
box, rather than 127.0.0.1

My hbase-site looks like as follows. Nevertheless, netstat shows that I
am bound only to port 127.0.0.1 on port 60000:

<configuration>

<property>

<name>hbase.rootdir</name>

<value>hdfs://localhost/hbase</value>

<description>The directory shared by region servers.

</description>

</property>

<property>

<name>hbase.master</name>

<value>localhost.localdomain</value>

</property>

<property>

<name>hbase.master.port</name>

<value>60000</value>

<description>The port master should bind to.</description>

</property>

<property>

<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>

<value>localhost.localdomain</value>

<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.

A value of 'local' runs the master and a regionserver in

a single process.

</description>

</property>

</configuration>