hbase-user mailing list archives

From prasenjit mukherjee <prasen....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene index{reader|writer} on hbase (GSOC idea?)
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 04:07:39 GMT
I too am interested in something like this, but not necessarily for
ranking. My use case is for selective(search based)-aggregates like

"SELECT SUM(col1) WHERE col2='foo' and col3='bar'.

The data structure lucene uses ( per-field-indexing and posting-stream
based)  seems to be ideal for these kind of use case which no other
open-source-data-structure has. I would be more than happy to stand
corrected.

-Prasen