hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kay Kay <kaykay.uni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Libs in Maven Repos ?
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:10:29 GMT
On 3/15/10 1:20 PM, Ryan Rawson wrote:
> I think the time to publish a 0.21 hbase jar is after HBASE-2255 is committed.

Ok. But - then we should also factor in to publish a
org.apache.hbase.hadoop (0.20.2 ) that would be a patched version of
0.20.2 with hdfs sync + other patches as appropriate.

> -ryan
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Stack<stack@duboce.net>  wrote:
>
>> We should start publishing TRUNK -- 0.21 -- snapshots in the apache
>> maven repo sometime soon (Will write the list when we turn it on).
>> There are no plans to publish 0.20 to maven.  Should we?
If there is a plan to move hbase 0.21 to hadoop-0.20.2 (+ patches ) and
release 0.21 soon (in the next 1-2 months ?) - then may be it is not
worth to publish the 0.20 artifacts.

Not to mention - thrift (thrift-363) , that is needed. But I guess, we
can circumvent that by publishing the artifacts of thrift ourselves
under an artifactId of thrift.