hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Basmajian, Raffi" <rbasmaj...@oppenheimerfunds.com>
Subject RE: Using SPARQL against HBase
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:31:47 GMT
I am looking for a solution to support "reading" data for now.
I believe the graph will contain data triples; not metadata.

We are looking at Hbase/Hadoop at the moment and not native graph
solutions.

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Stack
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:51 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using SPARQL against HBase

Writes would update your in-memory graph and the backing hbase store?

The in-memory graph would hold all data or just metadata?  You might
look at IHBase in the 'indexed' contrib to see how it loads an index on
region open (It subclasses hbase so it can catch key transistions)

Why HBase and not a native graph database?

Yours,
St.Ack

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Basmajian, Raffi
<rbasmajian@oppenheimerfunds.com> wrote:
> We are currently researching how to use SPARQL against data in Hbase.
> I understand the use of Get and Scan classes in the Hbase API, but
> these search classes do not return data in the same way SPARQL against

> RDF data returns it. My colleagues and I were discussing that these
> types of search results will require creating an in-memory graph first

> from Hbase, then using SPARQL against that graph. We are not sure how
> this is accomplished. Any advice would help, thank you
>
> -RNY

> -------- This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
> proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended
exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying,
retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient
or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds
may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the
content of all email communications.

======