hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tim Robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject elastic search or other Lucene for HBase?
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:46:00 GMT
Hi all,

Is anyone using elastic search as an indexing layer to HBase content?
It looks to have a really nice API, and was thinking of setting up an
EC2 test where I maintain an ES index storing only the Key to HBase
rows.  So ES provides all search returning Key lists and all single
record Get being served from HBase.

Or is there a preferred distributed Lucene approach for HBase from the
few that have been popping up?  I have not had a chance to really dig
into the options but I know there has been a lot of chatter on this.

If no one has tried ES, I'll post some test results with MR based building.

Cheers,
Tim