hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tim Robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about data distribution in HBase
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:54:44 GMT
I would consider option 3) if it were me (I am not an expert).  It is
common to use HBase tables as the input format for map reduce jobs.
I don't think it is as easy as assuming that the 3 videos will go over
3 machines when storing, but certainly as the volume grows it will
distribute, and by using MR the processing will try and run as close
to the data as possible.

Cheers,
Tim