hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tim Robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why windows support is critical
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:54:18 GMT
For 2) if you look at slides 15,16,17 of
http://www.slideshare.net/ghelmling/hbase-at-meetup you can see there
are some nice higher level APIs popping up for HBase that help you
deal with Objects and not Byte[].  That is open source and can be
pulled from http://github.com/ghelmling/meetup.beeno which might be of
interest.  There are others floating around as well that might be
worth checking out.

Isn't Windows used only for .Net development? (;
I'd have thought that if a project is of sufficient size to consider
HBase, then it is big enough that people would set up appropriate dev
environments (Mac, Linux, or windows and use EC2 or something as the
dev/test cluster).