hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Weird HBase Shell issue with count
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:34:48 GMT
Zookeeper doesn't need _that_ much ;)

You say you are loosing your zk server... can we see the error? Pastebin?

Thx

J-D

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:48 PM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't up the ulimit easily. :-( I'll have to get an admin to do that.
>
> I did update the xceivers and set it to 2048 based on something I saw.
> But I'm losing my zookeeper on the node. Getting an IO error.
> I had the handler count high at 50 but reset it back down to 25 (default value)
>
> From what I've read, I definitely will move the zookeeper nodes when I can find additional
machines to add to the cluster.

> Again any input welcome.
>
> Thx
>
> -Mike
>

>> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:30:27 -0800
>> Subject: Re: Weird HBase Shell issue with count
>> From: stack@duboce.net
>> To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
>>
>> Oh, you've read the 'getting started' and the hbase requirements where
>> it specifies upping ulimit and xceivers in your cluster?
>> St.Ack
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>> > Is DEBUG enabled in the log4j.properties that the client can see?  If
>> > not, enable it.  If so, can you see the regions loading as the count
>> > progresses?  Which region does it stop at?  Can you try to do a get on
>> > its startkey?  Does it work?
>> >
>> > St.Ack

and the load on the data nodes, which are also region servers jumped up, where one 1 node
jumped up to 2.71 ... other nodes saw some jump but again it doesn't make sense why the count
suddenly died.