hbase-user mailing list archives

From mike anderson <saidthero...@gmail.com>
Subject starting hbase after losing data on hadoop namenode
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:19:03 GMT
Yesterday my namenode went down because of  a lack of hard disk space.
I was able to get the namenode started again by removing the edits.new
file and sacrificing some of the data. However, I believe Hbase still
thinks this data exists, as is evident from these types of entries in
the master's log when I start it up:

2010-03-04 15:13:41,477 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Could
not obtain block blk_-4089156066204357637_60829 from any node:
java.io.IOException: No live nodes contain current block

Which tools should I use to fix these problems? compact? Or will hbase
fix itself?

Thanks,
Mike