hbase-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject Re: good, not evil and HBase package for Debian
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:11:16 GMT
Andrew Purtell:
> Hey Thomas,
>
> On Apache's legal-discuss@ list it was resolved some time ago that the
>  "Good, Not Evil" phrase in the JSON license does not preclude inclusion of
>  it with ASF 2.0 licensed works.
>
> ASF 2.0 licensed works are already in Debian main.
>
> I think this is a non issue but you can easily ask debian-legal@ if you
>  have a lingering concern. Please see http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/
>
>   - Andy

Hi Andy,

I got an answer from Debian-Legal a moment ago. It says, that Debian can't
accept this license as free software. There is still non-free, where org.json
could go and then HBase would go into section contrib which is for free
software that depends on non-free software.

I've opened an issue on this topic in the hbase jira:

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro