hbase-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject Re: good, not evil and HBase package for Debian
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:31:51 GMT
Mr. Crockford,

I'm not a native english speaker, but your short answer sounds rather rude to
me. It's a pity, that you couldn't explain me, why you consider my argument
silly.
What do you suggest me to do now?

- Don't package hbase for Debian?
- Try to convince the Debian people to accept your license?
- Patch hbase to use another json library?
- Continue to argue with you about the license?

I'd like to do good and package HBase for Debian instead of going the easy
route and just use it inhouse without packaging it.
But your license it makeing it terribly difficult for me to do something good.
To use my free time to package HBase.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch

Douglas Crockford: