hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Popescu <popescuadrian2...@yahoo.com>
Subject non-uniform region splits for index tables
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 23:54:11 GMT
Hello,

I've observed that when creating secondary indexes their corresponding tables are not necessarily
uniformly partitioned into region splits (e.g. one region table has 100MB, another one has
200MB); the solution that I found is to force a split on the table. However, my belief was
that the load balancing of the data should be done automatically by HBase. Is any particular
reason that the balancing of the data doesn't happen automatically on secondary index tables
or do I miss some setting ?

Thank you,
Adrian