hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject filtering on a prefix of the row key
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:16:01 GMT
Hi,

I would like a filter that accepts rows as long as the first X bytes
of the row key are less than or equal to a certain byte array.

The RowFilter combined with the BinaryComparator comes close, but the
BinaryComparator compares with whole row key. The PrefixFilter is also
somewhat similar to what I need, but it can only do equality
comparison.

I have created a BinaryPrefixComparator. It is similar to the
BinaryComparator, but it only compares the part of the row key up to
the same length as the supplied byte array. It fits my needs exactly.

Can I submit a patch with this comparator, or is there another way to
obtain the same behavior?

Thanks,

Bruno.

--