hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Presentation on HBase use at Meetup
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:32:13 GMT
On Wednesday I gave a talk on how we use HBase internally at Meetup at the
NYC Tech Talks group (http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Tech-Talks/).

For anyone interested, slides are here:
http://www.slideshare.net/ghelmling/hbase-at-meetup

It tries to balance a light introduction with some of our specific
implementation details.  It's not the largest setup, but hopefully useful as
another example of how someone uses (or abuses!) HBase.

Lars George, if you're out there, I hope you're not offended that I
incorporated your HBase architecture diagram (tried to give sufficient
attribution).  It just looked so damn cool in Jonathan Gray's "Intro to
HBase" talk that I had to include it as well!

--gh