hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zhenyu Zhong <zhongresea...@gmail.com>
Subject about the htable enabled status problem
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:45:19 GMT
Dear all,

I have been experiencing an issue that one of my HBase table, which contains
1800+ regions, sometimes cannot be enabled.
Sometimes I tried  to restart the HBase in order to let this big table to
have a clean start, but still I can't make the table to be enabled.
The strange thing is I can see all the 1800+ regions are opened, however the
table status is disabled.

Would this indicate that there could be some race conditions after all the
regions of a table are brought online such that the table state can't be set
to enabled?
I also kept looking at the Hmaster log, and didn't see anything strange.
By looking at the source, it seems that after all the regions are opened,
the table status is set to ONLINE with a one-line code. However, this line
of code either has never been reached in my case, or there is something
block the thread. May I have some ideas about the low level on that?

I am using version 0.20.1.

I noticed that there is a fix in version 0.20.3 about unable to disable a
table if any of its regions is opening at the same time. Would that be
related?

Best,
Zhenyu