hbase-user mailing list archives

From Brad McCarty <mcca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding scalability of regionservers
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:44:53 GMT
I don't really have any idea yet what that request rate would be that would overwhelm a single
RS;  I assume the CPU overhead to server from cache is pretty small so it'd have to be a very
high rate.

I was originally more concerned about the aggregate CPU utilization on the RS caused by both
connection management and cache serving, but if we have connection pools per Tomcat server
that's less of a concern now.

We're looking a serving a eCommerce catalog from HBase and our data access patterns won't
be as random as some of the examples I've seen of other production sites using HBase, hence
the concern.

We'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Brad