hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Patterson, Josh" <jpatters...@tva.gov>
Subject RE: stargate logging
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:52:32 GMT
Andy,
Yeah, I've copied the jars down, that's how I'm doing it too. Ok, I
didn't realize it would pick up the base log4j.properties file, but does
make sense.

Thanks!

Josh Patterson
TVA

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Purtell [mailto:apurtell@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 3:54 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: stargate logging

I have always just merged the Stargate contrib with core for deployment:

Copy the Stargate jar to HBase ./

Copy the jars from ./contrib/stargate/lib to ./lib

Then use ./bin/hbase-daemon.sh or ./bin/hbase to start Stargate.

It will pick up log4j.properties in ./conf.

Doing otherwise seems like unnecessary work.

   - Andy