hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding scalability of regionservers
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:18:35 GMT
Gets to a single row are serialized... could be it.

On Feb 18, 2010 12:58 AM, "Erik Rozendaal" <dlrozendaal@gmail.com> wrote:

We're getting about 2500 gets/sec max per regionserver when it serves data
from the block cache using HBase 0.20.3. All data is in the same region and
the region has just one store file for the family we're querying. HBASE-2180
didn't seem to help here. At this point the region server is using about 1.5
cores. Since we have 8 cores available the bottleneck does not seem to be
CPU.

The number of clients does not seem to matter (we tested with 1-4 clients).

The only other bottleneck that I can think of is network, but we test on a
local 1 Gbit LAN. Our web server can handle 15,000 requests/sec, so that
doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe there is some synchronization going limiting the CPU scalability of a
single region server?

Regards,
Erik