hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan McCormick <br...@readpath.com>
Subject PID Files
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:29:13 GMT
Quick question about the location of the PID files.

I recently went to upgrade my cluster to the latest 0.20.3 and found
that when I issued the ./hbase-stop.sh command that it was reporting
that no PID files could be found. The servers had all been up for some
time and it appears that I had fallen victim to the /tmp being cleared
out issue. I've looked for a config setting to move the PID files to
another dir but haven't found one. Changing {hbase.tmp.dir} didn't do
it.

On CentOs it looks like there is a cron job tmpwatch which will clear
files out of /tmp after 240 hours. This could be disabled, but I'd
rather just move these files to a better location.

Thanks,
Bryan