hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michał Podsiadłowski <podsiadlow...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper - usage and load
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:10:50 GMT
Hi all!

Can someone drop me few words about how exactly hbase utilizes currently
zookeeper? What kind of load it takes during intensive load on hbase? What
heap space it needs to operate correctly and how much disk space? How many
instances are needed if we have only 3 region server and one HMaster? Since
there is only one there isn't much to elect in case of it's failure. Are
there any other operations apart from master election/lookup?
I was trying to google it but there isn't much i can find except for few
jira issue.

Thanks,
Michal