hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bluemetrix Development <bmdevelopm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOME Java heap space
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:29:33 GMT
Thanks,

So, 3 nodes (2 CPU 8GB RAM) - one shared master/RS and two other RS.
Two tables: table1 about 8M rows and table2 about 10M rows.
A few days ago, I went to insert another 8M or so into table1 using MR
and HBase crashed
fairly early on in the process. Haven't been able to bring it back up
since then due to all 3 RS reporting OOME.

I'm going to go ahead and try to re-insert the data into table1 and
see if I can get the full 16M in
without issue. Or try to investigate the crash again. If there is
anything you can think of that I should
watch out for, please let me know.

I'll report back with some results.