hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bluemetrix Development <bmdevelopm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Secondary Indexing...
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:47:15 GMT
Sorry about that.
I vaguely remember having the same problem a while back, but I think I
solved it by just making sure I had the transactional jar in my hbase
lib directory across all my nodes and restarting. I also noticed I
have the jar in my HADOOP_CLASSPATH in hadoop-env.sh. So maybe a
hadoop restart is needed too.
Hopefully your re-install will solve it.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> LOL.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> Thats actually where i got the steps in the first place.
>
> I'm in the process of wiping out HBase on the nodes and then re-installing them.
> What is really frustrating is that everything looks right, and the stuff seems to check
out, yet Hbase barfs on not being able to find the interface.

> I'm sure that when I do the re-install, things will work. I was just checking to see
if I missed something...

> -Mike
>
>> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:04:36 -0500
>> Subject: Re: Setting up Secondary Indexing...
>> From: bmdevelopment@gmail.com
>> To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
>>
>> Hi,
>> Check your steps against these here:
>> http://rajeev1982.blogspot.com/2009/06/secondary-indexes-in-hbase.html
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Michael Segel
>> <michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Ok, so I posted this to the wrong list. (Hadoop vs HBase) So I apologize for
any duplication...

>> > Here's the skinny.
>> >
>> > I've got secondary indexes up and running on our Sandbox machines running Cloudera's
earlier release that had hbase-0.20.0.
>> > We're creating a development cluster using Cloudera's latest release which includes
hbase-0.20.3

>> > So I've gone in and added the two entries in to hbase-site.xml.
>> > Edited hbase-env.sh
>> > To set up the HBASE_SHELL=/usr/lib/hbase-0.20/contrib/transactional/hbase-0.20.3-1.cloudera-transactional.jar
(rather than just the directory)

>> > When I start hadoop, no problem. When starting hbase with the secondary indexing.
I get the error:
>> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> >    org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegionServer
>> >
>> >        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:808)
>> >        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:2496)
>> > Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> >    org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegionServer
>> >
>> > I've tried this with HBASE_SHELL=/usr/lib/hbase-0.20/contrib/transcational ,
same error.

>> > I've even gone as far to put an echo statement in the hbase-env.sh to echo back
the shell environment's value.
>> > (You can see it from stdout on the name node, plus also in the hbase-hadoop-regionserver-<machinename>.out
log file too.

>> > I know I'm missing something in the configuration.
>> >
>> > So what are the obvious things I overlooked?
>> >
>> > Also on the sandbox I put a copy of my hdfs-site.xml in my /etc/hbase-0.20/conf
directory. I can't seem to find out in my notes why I did this.