hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: data consistency & security control
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 17:54:36 GMT
Data loss will be a problem until Hadoop 0.21.0, in the mean time we limit
loss to max 64MBs. As to know which records where lost, well it's kind of a
chicken and egg problem isn't it?

WRT data consistency, the row is there or it's not. On the FS level, you can
run hdfs fsck.

There's no security in Hadoop and HBase so you need to control access on the
cluster level. In Hadoop 0.21.0 Kerberos will be supported, it's planned
that HBase gets the same kind of stuff later.

J-D