hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gaurav Vashishth <vashgau...@gmail.com>
Subject DBInputFormat
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:32:13 GMT

I have the Map Reduce function whose job is to process the database , MySql,
and give us some output. For this purpose, I have created the map reduce
fucntion and have used the DBInputFormat, but Im confused in how the
JobTracker will produce the splits here.

I want that first 'n' records from the database should be processed by
single map task and so on and if jobtracker splits the record and give less
than 'n' records, it would be problem.

Is there any API for getting this done or Im missing something.

Thanks,

Gaurav