hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bates <christopher.andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help with filters
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:51:30 GMT
So there was a couple points of confusion--one that I was able to solve, the
other I'm still struggling with.

First, after looking at the TestFilter and TestFilterList code (thanks for
pointing that out), the QualifierFilter seems like it should only take the
column qualifier in the BinaryComparator.  I was previously passing
"user:theme" when it should have just been "theme".  Filters worked after
this change.

Second, I'm still not able to get the AND operation working.

To illustrate:

hbase(main):010:0> scan 'testTable', {COLUMNS=>["user:theme",
"user:REMOTE_ADDR"]}
ROW                          COLUMN+CELL

 row1                        column=user:REMOTE_ADDR,
timestamp=1264464021672, value=172.16.1.3
 row1                        column=user:theme, timestamp=1264464041857,
value=Frost
 row2                        column=user:theme, timestamp=1264464058064,
value=Sunshine
 row3                        column=user:REMOTE_ADDR,
timestamp=1264464083332, value=172.16.0.06

With MUST_PASS_ALL enabled...

If I comment out the REMOTE_ADDR filter, I get:
IP: null Theme: Frost
IP: null Theme: Sunshine

If I comment out the theme filter, I get the reverse.
IP: 172.16.1.3 Theme: null
IP: 172.16.0.06 Theme: null

If I leave both in, I get __nothing__, when I want:
IP: 172.16.1.3 Theme: Frost

I thought this might be due to HBase not being able to do an AND operation
on Qualifiers of the same column, so I created another testTable2 with two
different columns:

hbase(main):024:0> scan 'testTable2'
ROW                          COLUMN+CELL

 row1                        column=addr:REMOTE_ADDR,
timestamp=1264552425218, value=172.16.1.3
 row1                        column=user:theme, timestamp=1264552375737,
value=Frost
 row2                        column=user:theme, timestamp=1264552505491,
value=Sunshine
 row3                        column=addr:REMOTE_ADDR,
timestamp=1264552538651, value=172.16.0.36

But nothing changed.

Any other thoughts?  The only solution I can see to get this done is to
implement a row counter for each column+qualifier and then store the results
that meet criteria that I expect, but I was hoping a native filter would do
the job.