hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bates <christopher.andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject help with filters
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 03:49:53 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to do an AND operation and I'm not sure if I did the filtering
correctly because HBase is hanging on me.

What I want is this:

I have two qualifiers, theme and IP, to my column user.  I'd like to print
out all matches (or maybe just 10) where the row has both of them in it.  My
impression is that this is what HBase would excel at, because the dataset is
VERY sparse, meaning that out of 1000-10,000 rows, maybe just 1 or 2 will
have BOTH an IP and a theme in it.  Most of the time its just one or the
other.

So this is my code to make that query, but as I said, its hanging.
http://pastebin.com/m7fcef49

If I comment out the filters, the query runs just fine and will print null
wherever the value is not present.