hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: table region split
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:52:34 GMT
There are 4 region servers (each 2G ram), 395 regions in my cluster now.
I want to know when will be the probably time I should scale-out region
server.

eh507114:60030 1263200571878 requests=0, regions=105, usedHeap=347,
maxHeap=1496
ehb09007:60030 1263203938736 requests=0, regions=96,  usedHeap=58,
maxHeap=1496
ehb09009:60030 1263203929658 requests=0, regions=88,  usedHeap=65,
maxHeap=1496
rw3     :60030 1263200573250 requests=0, regions=106, usedHeap=349,
maxHeap=1496
Total:  servers: 4   requests=0, regions=395

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
707-6128
y_823910@tsmc.com
週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

                      saint.ack@gmail.c

                      om                       To:      hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org

                      Sent by:                 cc:      (bcc: Y_823910/TSMC)

                      saint.ack@gmail.c        Subject: Re: table region split

                      om

                      2010/01/12 01:17

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      hbase-user

As soon as any hfile/storefile in a region
exceeds hbase.hregion.max.filesize -- 256M by default -- the region will
schedule a split.

1000MB should make ~5 regions but it depends also on your schema.  If data
spread across more than one family then region may carry more than 256M
before it splits.

How many regions are you getting?
St.Ack

2010/1/11 <y_823910@tsmc.com>

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand very clearly about the table region split.
> If I have 10 million rows,1000MB data size, in a table,
> how many region will it split?
> Thank you
>
> Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
> 707-6128
> y_823910@tsmc.com
> 週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

>                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
>  This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary
information
>  for the sole use of its
>  intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
anyone
>  other than the intended
>  recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient,
>  please notify the sender by
>  replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it
>  immediately. Thank you.

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended