hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: Stop hbase
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:44:27 GMT
I found my hdf crashed! Maybe that's the root cause why hbase can't stop.

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
707-6128
y_823910@tsmc.com
週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

                      y_823910@tsmc.com

                                               To:      hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org

                      2010/01/12 10:25         cc:      (bcc: Y_823910/TSMC)

                      AM                       Subject: Re: Stop hbase

                      Please respond to

                      hbase-user

I repeatedly start and stop hbase a few times.
Before I stop hbase, I run my program to fetch data from hbase.
I guess there are some read data in cache, not put data; it seems no need
to flush memory to file.
Most of my stop action is very quick(under 20 sec), but the last time, it
still has been stopping master over 20 minutes.
How sould I do for next? Still waiting or kill it(you know I should
manually kill hbase master,zoo keeper instances,region servers )
Any idea?

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
707-6128
y_823910@tsmc.com
週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

                      jdcryans@gmail.co

                      m                        To:
hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org

                      Sent by:                 cc:      (bcc:
Y_823910/TSMC)

                      jdcryans@gmail.co        Subject: Re: Stop hbase

                      2010/01/12 10:11

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      hbase-user

The .META. and .ROOT. scanners are sleeping by default for 1 minute, I
think we don't interrupt them. Then the master has to coordinate the
shutdown of region servers which may have inserts in memory that needs
to be flushed.

J-D

2010/1/11  <y_823910@tsmc.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows why stopping master took so long?
> Thanks
>
> Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
> 707-6128
> y_823910@tsmc.com
> 週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

>                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
>  This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary
information
>  for the sole use of its
>  intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
anyone
>  other than the intended
>  recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient,
>  please notify the sender by
>  replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it
>  immediately. Thank you.

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY

 for the sole use of its

 other than the intended