hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: Create table with one version only
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:27:39 GMT
Thanks for your sharing.
There are millions row of data in that table now.
Can I use alter command to change it ?
And how can I check it works ?
Thanks

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
707-6128
y_823910@tsmc.com
週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

                      James Baldassari

                      <james@dataxu.com        To:      "hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org"
<hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org>
                      >                        cc:      "kevin_hung@tsmc.com" <kevin_hung@tsmc.com>,
(bcc: Y_823910/TSMC)
                                               Subject: Re: Create table with one version
only
                      2010/01/28 10:17

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      hbase-user

I recently had to do something similar both programmatically in a unit
test and from the hbase shell.  I'm not using an index, but this is
probably similar to what you're doing:

HTableDescriptor table = new HTableDescriptor("tableName");
HColumnDescriptor column = new HColumnDescriptor("columnFamily");
column.setMaxVersions(1);            // Limits versions to 1
table.addFamily(column);

HBaseAdmin hBaseAdmin = new HBaseAdmin(...);
hBaseAdmin.createTable(table);

>>From the hbase shell:

create 'tableName', {NAME=>'columnFamily', VERSIONS=>1}

Hope this helps.

-James

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 19:24 -0600, y_823910@tsmc.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Following code is I got used to create table with index.
>   Now, I think it's no need for us to keep multiple version of data.
>   How can I set my hbase table only to keep one version of data?
>   Better to give me some codes that I can add to my following function.
>   Thanks
>
>   public void createTableWithIdx(String tablename,String
> columnfamily,String idx_columnfamily,String idx_column) throws
IOException
> {
>         HTableDescriptor desc = new HTableDescriptor(tablename);
>         String[] temp;
>             String delimiter = ",";
>             temp = columnfamily.split(delimiter);
>             for(int i =0; i < temp.length ; i++){
>                   desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(temp[i]));
>             }
>         IndexedTableDescriptor idx_desc = new
IndexedTableDescriptor(desc);
>         idx_desc.addIndex(new IndexSpecification(idx_column,

Bytes.toBytes(idx_columnfamily+":"+idx_column)));
>         IndexedTableAdmin admin = null;
>         admin = new IndexedTableAdmin(config);
>         admin.createIndexedTable(idx_desc);
>         System.out.println(tablename+" "+" create table and index
> successfully");
>     }
>

> Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
> 707-6128
> y_823910@tsmc.com
> 週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

>                                                          TSMC PROPERTY

>  This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary
information
>  for the sole use of its

>  intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
anyone
>  other than the intended

>  recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient,
>  please notify the sender by

>  replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it

>  immediately. Thank you.

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended