hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject HBase reading test
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 07:55:42 GMT
Hi,

There are 2 region servers(2G memory), 5 data nodes in my cluster.
I want to test HBase reading performance by writing a program with Hbase
client.
Inside that codes, I was using secondary index to scan the data I need,
that took 80 sec to fetch 5243 rows that was very cool!

Then I tried to deploy that program to another two machines, trying to test
hbase
ability of handling concurrent clients'reading.
Each client fetch the same data(5243 rows)
The Result is like following:
    1 concurrent client read:  80 sec
    2 concurrent client read: 104 sec
    3 concurrent client read: 232 sec
As above, increasing more concurrent client reading connections seems to
lower hbase performance too much.
Any opinions?

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
707-6128