hbase-user mailing list archives

From Paul Ambrose <pambr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: HBql potential to support ODBC driver/API for HBase?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:23:50 GMT
No plans for it, but always open to ideas.

On Jan 11, 2010, at 3:01 AM, ben.cotton@lehman.com wrote:

> Is there any  consideration for  HBql to implement /support drivers that provide  HBase
w/ an ODBC API capability?.   We don't yet know if/how/when we can potentially connect our
legacy  data tools (MS-Excel, MS-Access, and SqlDbx) to Hadoop.  The Hadoop HIVE project has
an OBDC driver, but it is not yet supported on Microsoft Windows.  We are looking forward
to when we can connect  universally familiar Microsoft-based data tools to Hadoop.