hbase-user mailing list archives

From Paul Ambrose <pambr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] HBql
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:00:12 GMT

On Jan 5, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Wim Van Leuven wrote:

> Hello Paul,
>
> Looks very interesting. One consideration, though, regarding annotated
> objects: wouldn't it be enormously interesting to (try to) reuse the JPA
> annotations?

Yes, I think JPA support would be cool.  I have discussed it with
Patrick Linskey  and he thinks we should be able to do it as a plugin
to OpenJPA.

My only fear is how much of the HBase goodness has to be set aside in
order to for it to work in the context of JPA.  The HBql annotations (and mappings)
address things like unmapped columns and versioning, which are not part of JPA.