hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Java client problem w/ zookeeper
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 06:51:39 GMT
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Adam Silberstein
<silberst@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:

> And then, 5 seconds into it, I start seeing these:
>
> 10/01/13 22:33:27 DEBUGclient.HConnectionManager$TableServers: Reloading
> region usertable,user263042644,1263431524192 location because regionserver
> didn't accept updates; tries=0 of max=10, waiting=2000ms
>
> But the region servers are all up, and none logged any messages during the
> client run.

 This sounds like a lockup Adam or a close out.. like the client can't get
into the server because all its handlers are occupied.  Does it got
to RetriesExhaustedException?  If so, whats the log message.  Would be
interesting to see if any of the edits in the batch are making it on to the
server.  Can you figure which server its going to?  Thread dump it?   Your
hbase is up to date?  There was a deadlock in hbase there for about a day
about a week or so back.  Maybe you picked it up?

St.Ack