hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: table region split
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:17:55 GMT
As soon as any hfile/storefile in a region
exceeds hbase.hregion.max.filesize -- 256M by default -- the region will
schedule a split.

1000MB should make ~5 regions but it depends also on your schema.  If data
spread across more than one family then region may carry more than 256M
before it splits.

How many regions are you getting?
St.Ack