hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Reg Problem while configuring HRegionServers
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:24:39 GMT
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Aswarth <aswarth.1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> No it was not intentional. I am new to HBase. I tried to connect the
> systems
> in the same network 10.2.8 and got the same error, I wasnot able to figure
> out the problem.
>
> Could you explain me briefly how to connect the systems and what are the
> requirements(sshing etc)?
>
> Please specify configuration of  hbase-site.xml in slave nodes.
>
> Well, hbase doesn't ship w/ any IPs buried in it.  Its picking them up from
your system configuration.  That its finding 192.168 addresses when you
expect hbase to be running on a 10.2.8 network would seem to point at
network configuration on your hosts; its off.  See if you can fix that
first.

As to ssh requirements, you need to be able to do passwordless ssh'ing to
all cluster members.  Check the hbase 'getting started' requirements.  In
the getting started, it has suggested hbase-site.xml configurations also for
doing standalone, pseudo-distributed, and distributed also.  If any of our
doc. is unclear, please help us out by fingering the offending sections and
if possible, suggest an improvement.

Thank you,
St.Ack