hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Insert Performance
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:19:18 GMT
How many machines do you have? I'd try at least 20+ late model boxes.

On Jan 18, 2010 2:14 AM, "Gaurav Vashishth" <vashgaurav@gmail.com> wrote:

I need to store live data which is about 40-50K records /sec, evaluated
MYSql
and now trying  HBase.

Just read in docstoc that HBase insert performance, for few 1000 rows and 10
columns with 1 MB values, is 68ms/row. My scenario is similar, we need under
10k rows, 10-20 columns and which can have thousands of version with values
not greater than 300 bytes. Initially, I thought HBase can solve the puprose
but reading docstoc article have put doubt in my mind.

Can we get 40-50k records/sec insertion speed in HBase?? Also, there would
be thousand of users who will be reading teh database also, can HBase
maintain that much of speed?

Thanks
Gaurav