hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java client problem w/ zookeeper
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:18:33 GMT
fyi, zk's maxclientcnxns controls not the total number of connections to
a zk server, but rather the total number of connections from a single
host to a zk server:
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_advancedConfiguration

"Limits the number of concurrent connections (at the socket level) that
a single client, identified by IP address, may make to a single member
of the ZooKeeper ensemble. This is used to prevent certain classes of
DoS attacks, including file descriptor exhaustion. Setting this to 0
removes the limit on concurrent connections."

Patrick