hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sriram Muthuswamy Chittathoor" <srir...@ivycomptech.com>
Subject RE: Support for MultiGet / SQL In clause -- error in patch HBASE-1845
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:19:06 GMT
Great.  Can I migrate to 0.20.3RC2 easily.  I am on 0.20.2. Can u pass
me the link

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
stack
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 12:42 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Support for MultiGet / SQL In clause -- error in patch
HBASE-1845

IIRC, hbase-1845 was a sketch only and not yet complete.  Its probably
rotted since any ways.

Have you looked at hbase-2037 since committed and available in
0.20.3RC2.
 Would this help you with your original problem?

St.Ack

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Sriram Muthuswamy Chittathoor <
sriramc@ivycomptech.com> wrote:

> I tried applying the patch to the hbase source code  hbase 0.20.2  and
> get the errors below.  Do you know if this needs to be applied to a
> specific hbase version. Is there a version which works with 0.20.2 or
> later ??
> Basically HRegionServer  and HTable patching fails.
>

> Thanks for the help
>
> patch -p0 -i batch.patch
>
> patching file src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Get.java
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 61 (offset 2 lines).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 347 (offset 31 lines).
> patching file src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HConnection.java
> patching file
> src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HConnectionManager.java
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 1244 (offset 6 lines).
> patching file src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.java
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 73 (offset 8 lines).
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 405.
> Hunk #5 succeeded at 671 with fuzz 2 (offset 26 lines).
> 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.java.rej
> patching file src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Multi.java
> patching file
src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/MultiCallable.java
> patching file src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/MultiResult.java
> patching file src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Row.java
> patching file
> src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/HbaseObjectWritable.java
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 156 with fuzz 1 (offset 3 lines).
> patching file
src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ipc/HRegionInterface.java

http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/
> client/tableindexed/package-summary.html#package_description
> .
>
> The index is stored in a separate table, but the index is managed for
> you.
>
> I don't think you can do an arbitrary "in" query, though.  If the keys
> that
> you want to include in the "in" are reasonably close neighbors, you
> could do
> a scan and skip ones that are uninteresting.  You could also try a
batch
> Get
> by applying a separate patch, see
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1845.
>
> Marc Limotte
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Sriram Muthuswamy Chittathoor <
> sriramc@ivycomptech.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there any support for this.  I want to do this
> >
> > 1.  Create a second table to maintain mapping between secondary
column
> > and the rowid's of the primary table
> >
> > 2.  Use this second table to get the rowid's to lookup from the
> primary
> > table using a SQL In like clause ---
> >
> > Basically I am doing this to speed up querying by  Non-row key
> columns.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sriram C
> >

> > This email is sent for and on behalf of Ivy Comptech Private
Limited.
> Ivy
> > Comptech Private Limited is a limited liability company.
> >
> > This email and any attachments are confidential, and may be legally
> > privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended
> recipient
> > dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have
> received
> > this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and
then
> delete
> > the email completely from your system.
> > Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender.  This
> communication
> > is not intended to form a binding contract on behalf of Ivy Comptech
> Private
> > Limited unless expressly indicated to the contrary and properly
> authorised.
> > Any actions taken on the basis of this email are at the recipient's
> own
> > risk.
> >
> > Registered office:
> > Ivy Comptech Private Limited, Cyber Spazio, Road No. 2, Banjara
Hills,