hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: index creation problem in a fully distributed hbase
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:38:14 GMT
Adrian,

If it doesn't throw any stack trace, you could try running jstack'ing
the process and see where the thread is stuck.

J-D

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Adrian Popescu
<popescuadrian2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I try to create some indexes in hbase with a code tested on a non-distributed installation.
The problem is that my application which builds the indexes hangs immediately after creating
partially the index: the .regioninfo file is created but not the actual index (__INDEX__ is
not populated at all). I guess that there is a setting that I miss somewhere on the fully
distributed installation but I don't know which. On the other hand I can load, scan tables
from the hbase, so hbase is working...