hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem With Zookeeper
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:52:42 GMT
HBase 0.20.2 and previous only checked one address against the list
that is provided, the one returned was the default Java knew of. It
seems that in your case your /etc/hosts makes it that this machines
resolves itself only as localhost. You can:

1) Try to fix your network configuration to have your machine always
resolve by its hostname first, or

2) Use HBase 0.20.3RC1 which contains a fix that tries harder to match
the address. You can get it here:
http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.20.3-candidate-1/

Sorry for that,

J-D