hbase-user mailing list archives

From hiroshi <hiroshi....@isp21.co.jp>
Subject zookeeper-configuration
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:52:31 GMT

Hi,
I built hadoop(0.20.1)+hbase(0.20.1) cluster structure(Master x 1, Slave x
4).
And I tried following process to verify the behavior during system failure.
Shut down one of the slave server, and start Hbase while I have a machine
which cannot establish connection in the cluster.
At the time, the following logs are outputted several times(3-8times) at
intervals of 3 seconds in "hbase-hadoop-zookeeper-hmaster.log".

#############################
2009-12-18 19:52:40,709 WARN
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager: Cannot open
channel to 1 at election address hslave1.test.co.jp/192.168.1.25:3888
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
#############################

After all, when I verified the connection status using netstat command,
connection has established among those running 4 server(Master x 1, Slave x
3), and WARN messages would stop.
Though Log is output at interval of 3 seconds everytime,number of log is not
constant(vary from 3 to 8 times). (I wonder if number of retry may not fixed
in each boot?)

To make the retrial frequency and the retry interval constant, I want to
change Configuration.
I changed the following parameters described in the zookeeper Admin manual.

retrial frequency:
[Hbase.zookeeper.property.tickTime] of $HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-site.xml is
changed to 3000->1.
retry interval:
Zookeeper.retries of $HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-site.xml is changed to 5->1.

However, the situation in which the WARN message is displayed in about three
seconds is changeless.
Moreover, the frequency to which LOG was output never changed by the
setting, too.

Please let me know that the valid following configuration parameters at the
file in the conf directory of hbase.

- The number of times of retry to The connection establishment to a server
- The retry interval to The connection establishment to a server
- The time-out period/value

I hope someone could help me.
My best regards.