hbase-user mailing list archives

From anilkr <kr_an...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Basic question about using C# with Hadoop filesystems
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 07:49:56 GMT

Currently my application uses C# with MONO on Linux to communicate to local
file systems (e.g. ext2, ext3). The basic operations are open a file,
write/read from file and close/delete the file. For this currently i use C#
native APIs to operate on the file.
   My Question is: If i install Hadoop file system on my Linux box. Then
what change i need to do to my existing functions so that they communicate
to hadoop file system to do basic operations on the file. Since Hadoop
infrastructure is based on Java, How any C# (with MONO) application will do
basic operations with Hadoop. Do the basic APIs in C# to operate on a file
(likr File.Open or File.Copy) work well with Hadoop filesystems too?

Also, If i want to open a file then do i need to mount to Hadoop filesystem
programmatically? If yes, how?

Thanks,
Anil